Biocompatible Interference Resorbable Screw
Osteotwin™ Interference Resorbable Screw was designed to fulfill two core aims: provide appropriate mechanical properties necessary for ligament reconstruction whilst ensuring a regulated resorption and osteointegration to form architectural bone through hydrolysis.
Canulated Interference Resorbable Screw Design
The thread is specific to each screw diameter so as to systematically provide the maximum amount of contact between implant and bone.
Polylactic Interference Resorbable Screw Range
Made of PLDLLA, Osteotwin™ Polylactic Interference Resorbable Screw provides great mechanical resistance, due to Poly(L-Lactide).
Composite Interference Resorbable Screw Range
75% PLDLLA & 25% MBCP: the convenient ratio between the necessary mechanical resistance for the indication and the faculty to generate bone growth.
- Knee Cruciate ligament reconstruction: attachment of soft tissue grafts or bone-tendon-bone grafts to the tibia and/or femur
Diameter x Length in millimeters
2. G. Daculsi, D. Chappard, E. Aguado, G. Legeay, P. Layrolle and P. Weiss. (2008) Key Engineering Marerials Vols. 361-363, Multiphasic Biomaterials : A concept for Bone Substitutes developed in the “Pays de la Loire”. -More-
3. G. Daculsi. (2006) Advances in Science and Technology Vol.49, pp 9-13. Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland. Biphasic calcium phosphate Granules concept for Injectable and Mouldable Bone substitute. -More-
4. Daculsi G., Laboux O., Malard O., Weiss P. (2003). Journal of materials science: materials in medicine vol 14(3): 195-200. Current state of the art of biphasic calcium phosphate bioceramics. -More-
5. Daculsi G., Jegoux F., Layrolle P, in press 2008-1. In advanced Biomaterials: Fundamentals, Processing and Applications, John WILEY & Sons USA. The micro macroporous biphasic calcium concept for bone reconstruction and tissue engineering. -More-
6. Malard O., Gauthier H., Daculsi G Key engineering materials Vols 361-363 :pp1233-1236 (2008). In vivo demonstration of 2 types of microporosity on the kinetic of bone ingrowth and biphasic calcium phosphate bioceramics resorption. -More-
7. Nihouannen DL, Saffarzadeh A, Aguado E, Goyenvalle E, Gauthier O, Moreau F, Pilet P, Spaethe R, Daculsi G, Layrolle P. (2007) . J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2007 Feb;18(2):225-235. Osteogenic properties of calcium phosphate ceramics and fibrin glue based composites. -More-
The product must only be handled or implanted by trained qualified physicians having read the instructions for use.
- ISO 13485
- Read instructions for use for a complete list of warnings, precautions, possible adverse events and other important medical information.
- Osteotwin™ is supplied sterile and CE-marked as a Class III Medical Device according to Directive EEC/93/42